- 44th Annual NOAA Juried Painting Exhibition – opened Sept. 23, 2000 in Burks Falls – jurors Dave Beckett and Jill Boschuite - Richard Lebel, Doris Foster and Ellen Hadath accepted.
- John Keast – critiqued numerous years of NOAA slides at AAS meeting
- Guest speaker – Gordon MacKenzie
- Art in the Park originated in Aug. 2000 – organized with City by AAS members Marilyn Mills & Ellen Hadath
- Algoma Art Society & NOAA President – Heillie Gordon
- NOAA Rep – Zoey Wood-Salomon
Algoma Art Society Judged Art Show & Sale at Sault Ste. Marie Museum - Tuesday, November 21 to 26, 2000. Judge was Helga Flower from Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan. Jeni Bourgeois was the show convenor. Theresa Baic was the Featured Artist. Awards for were given out in a number of categories such as Best Oil, Best Acrylic, Best Watercolour, Most Original, Best Use of Colour and Peoples Choice. Members were thrilled with their awards which were in the form of ribbons by their paintings.
- 45th Annual NOAA Juried Painting Exhibition – opened Sept. 8, 2001 in Kirkland Lake - jurors Michael Burtch and Alana Pierini – AAS members Elaine Clay won top award – also accepted were Doris Foster and Judy Henderson
- 2nd year of Art in the Park – Aug. 2001 – coordinated by Marilyn Mills, Ellen Hadath and Zoey Wood-Salomon
- Fall Festival of Art – Theme: Fragile – Lucie Gagnon and Lisa Louttit won awards.
- Meeting Guest speakers: John Keast – the business of art. Helga Flower – talked about her paintings and workshops. Michael Burtch – his sculpture process. Karin Nesbit – printing techniques. Doris Pavelich – acrylics.
- Monthly meetings included members sharing their “Creative Journey” and “Tip of the Month” minutes.
- AAS Spring Art Show & Sale Upstairs at Romes. Theresa Baic was featured artist.
- Founding AAS member Dan Murray, who painted with A. Y. Jackson on Lake Superior died.
- New AAS Logo - design created by Judy Henderson and Elaine Clay
- Christmas Social at Sault College
- Algoma Art Society & NOAA President – Heillie Gordon.
AAS November Art Show & Sale Upstairs at Romes. Doris Foster was featured artist. Sault Star article on Doris Foster by Brian Kelly.
- 46th Annual NOAA Juried Painting Exhibition – Opened in Sept. 2002 in Gore Bay – jurors Sheila McMullen and Ivan Wheale. Hosted by Manitoulin Arts Assoc. – Honorable mentions to Doris Foster, Hilkka Pellikka and Lotte Steube. Six AAS members accepted.
- AAS Meeting Guest Speakers: Jean Burke – fabric art, Zoey Wood-Salomon – painting technique and John Metheany – oil painting.
- Algoma Art Society President and Past NOAA President – Heillie Gordon
- NOAA Rep – Elaine Clay
- 47th Annual NOAA Juried Painting Exhibition – opened Sept. 13, 2003 in Sudbury – jurors Celeste Scopelites. Sheila Langlois Memorial Award – Nancy Sachro. Ellen Hadath and Heillie Gordon also accepted.
- AAS Meeting Guest Speakers: Joan Kelly – Pastel Artists of Ontario. Gordon MacKenzie – second book on watercolour. Marnie Stone – Stone’s Office Supply. Rose from Roses Art Gallery.
- NOAA Rep – Elaine Clay
- Set up of new NOAA Website - July 2003 – Richard Stewart – came to photograph members’ art work.
- Past NOAA President – Heillie Gordon (moved to Kingston in Nov. 2003)
Doris Foster – surprise celebration of her “80th Birthday” at our May 2003 meeting
- 48th Annual NOAA Juried Painting Exhibition – opened Sept. 18, 2004 in Englehart – jurors Lydia Alexander and Dermot Wilson. Hon. Mention – Hilkka Pellikka. Ellen Hadath, Elaine Clay and Zoey Wood-Salomon accepted.
- Art Means Business Conference at Algoma University – attended by Judy Henderson in March – provided notes for AAS
- Art Shows and Sales – Cambrian Mall – held in April and November
- NOAA New Website Launch – attended by Elaine Clay and Judy Henderson
- Algoma Fall Festival of the Arts – AAS volunteers Nancy Sachro, Nora Ann Harrison and Doris Foster
- AAS president – Sept. 2004 – Nora Ann Harrison (Also on Arts Council Bd. Of Dir.)
- NOAA Website Convenor & Rep – Judy Henderson
- Christmas Social – Giovanni’s – coordinated by Nancy Sachro
Algoma Art Society Artists in their Studios - Doris Foster and Jeni Bourgeois
Art in the Park - July 2004 – co-ordinated by Marilyn Mills and Ellen Hadath - photos of Doris Anne Ray, Doris Foster, Lotte Steube and Marilyn Mills
Four and Friends - July 2004 - John Keast, Nancy Sachro and Ken Hagerman
Algoma Art Society Art Exhibition at the Sault Ste. Marie Legion - November 2004
Algoma Art Society Colour Theory Workshop - Instructor Nora Ann Harrison - Emmanuel Church Hall - January 2005
2-Day Pastel Workshop - convened by Elaine Clay – April 2005 - in Emmanuel Church Hall
Algoma Art Society Executive and Committee Heads - September 2005
49th Annual NOAA Juried Painting Exhibition – Hosted by Algoma Art Society - Held at Art Gallery of Algoma in Fall of 2005 – Opening Oct. 1, 2005. Convened by Nancy Sachro and Judy Henderson. Friday Night Welcome Reception featured fabric artist Jean Burke. Jurors were Ruth Morrison and J.C. Elvy. Zoey Wood-Salomon received her NOAA letters.
Algoma Art Society paintings accepted were by: Ken Hagerman who received the Katherine Burgman Memorial Award, Marilyn Mills, Ellen Hadath, Zoey Wood-Salomon (who received her NOAA letters) and Lotte Steube.
Ken Danby Book Signing at Art Gallery of Algoma - with Sheila Currie
- 50th Annual NOAA Juried Painting Exhibition – held in Sept. 2006 – jurors Mary Weymark-Goss and Gunhilde Hotte. 2 accepted by Ellen Hadath. Also accepted Seija Biggs, Ken Hagerman, and Zoey Wood-Salomon.
- Fall Festival of the Arts - Lucie Gagnon won Best in Show and Best Drawing Awards, Ellen Hadath won the Best Painting Award, Lotte Steube won for Best Print and Judy Henderson won an Honorable Mention.
- AAS Meeting Guest Speakers: Steve Alexander of Loplops, Jude Ortez about her jeweler, Tom O’Flanagan, Algoma University Art Instructor, who showed us slides of his work, and Gordon Mackenzie who told us of all the trials and tribulations of putting together his new book entitled “The Watercolorist’s Essential Notebook: Landscapes”, and Sheila Currie who showed us slides and spoke about her annual trips to Antarctica where she was the artist in residence and Program Director.
- Spring and Christmas Art Shows & Sales – Cambrian Mall
- Royal Canadian Legion – afternoon art exhibition - March
- Alberta House AAS Exhibition – June
- June Potluck – home of Helene Groulx.
- Christmas Social – Restaurant with Dollarama Gift Exchange
- AAS president and Arts Council Rep – Nora Ann Harrison
- NOAA Website Convenor and Rep – Judy Henderson
Club President Nora Ann Harrison and Mayor John Roswell beside Stone Cradle - Nora Ann Harrison was presented with The Corporation of Sault Ste. Marie Cultural Advisory Board Community Recognition Award for 2006. This was awarded for her significant contributions and commitment in the field of arts and culture which included being the current president of the Algoma Art Society, 2006 co-chair for the Fall Festival of Arts and on the Board of Directors for the Sault Ste. Marie and District Arts Council as well as other commitments.
Algoma Art Society Art Show - Outdoor Show at John Rhodes - March 2006
Tuesday Painting Get-Togethers - Emmanual Church Hall - April 2006 - Hilkka Pellikka, Joyce Batter and Lillian Positano
Cambrian Mall Art Show & Sale - April 2006
Art in the Park - August 2006
Algoma Art Society Art Show & Sale - October 2006